Casting for Hope Annual Musky Tournament Rules and Regulations
Please read and heed all the rules and regulations!
- Live bait and trolling will be allowed if legally allowed on the body of water being fished.
- Two lines per person; Maximum 4 lines per boat.
- Each angler will be required to abide by all State of Wisconsin fishing and boating regulations.
- All muskies 34” and larger will be scored and will be measured to the nearest 1/4″.
- Tournament fishing hours will be from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Lines out by 4:00pm Saturday. No fish caught before 8am or after 4pm respectively is eligible for the tournament.
- This is a catch and release tournament. All fish will be immediately released after size is confirmed by a tournament official. Any fish kept will not be counted toward final score. If you decide to keep a fish, please note that Elkhart Lake’s minimum size is 50” and Random Lake’s minimum size is 40”.
- One point will be awarded for each inch. Example: a fish measuring 41 3/4″ will count as 41.75 pts.
- The boat with the most total points at the end of the day will be crowned the winner.
- In the case of a tie, the first tiebreaker will be the biggest fish (example: 44″ & 34″ would beat 43″ & 35″). The second tiebreaker will be the time of the official measure of fish number one. The third and final tiebreaker will be a coin toss.
- In the event that no fish 34” or larger is landed, the boat with the highest total of “undersized” inches will be crowned the winner. (Ex: 30” & 32” would beat a 33”)
- PLEASE NOTE: As outlined in the above rules, once a 34” musky is landed during the tournament, any musky measuring under 34” will no longer be “in play”. (Ex: one 36” would beat a 35” & 33” because the 33” no longer counts towards the total because a 34” has been landed)
- The tournament is a one day tournament; it will not be canceled unless we have extreme weather. Casting for HOPE reserves the right to cancel the tournament in the event of severe conditions. A rain date will be determined if necessary.
- ******The decision of the tournament Referee is final. No Exceptions.******